Thursday 1 July 2010

Penang Malaysia


Well after 22 hours of travelling 17 hours by train then a ferry ride then a bus we finally arrived at our hotel at 4pm (english time not Thai). The last 4 hours on the train was in Malaysia, as they are a Muslim country NO alcohol. It was a long 4 hours I can tell you. Our sleeping compartments on the train were better than expected but it was so cold. I also had to evict 2 cockroaches from my bed. Perhaps they were cold too. The toilets left a lot to be desired, absolutely disgusting. Our first trip out was to the bank. On our way we meet a moniter lizard. It was at least 6 feet long. No exaggeration. See picture, his tail is missing as I couldn't get it all in (I'm very happy this one didn't jump on my arm). Hotel was good as was the swimming pool and beach. Food was a lot more expensive than we have been used to. Got our visas stamped for the the next 90 days, next time maybe Vietnam?

No comments:

Post a Comment